Tuesday, May 12, 2009

yo




I almost scared myself death this morning. TO DEATH.

I was taking a shower when I noticed that the bandaid I put over my blister was coming off. I gently peeled it off and placed it on the edge of my tub, telling myself not to forget that it was there.

As I bent down to inspect the blister in closer detail, I saw a cockroach surf down a rivulet of shower water towards the foot I was standing on. I screamed. Nay, I ( more like) SHRIEKED, "YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Yo?

You see, I was so frightened that I couldn't decide whether to say, "YEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" or "NOOOOOOOOOOO" so instead I said both, i.e., "YOOOOOOOOO!" which sounded like exactly the wrong thing to say at the time.

I mean, seriously, I said YO? YO was actually in the running for the last words uttered by me? (Not being melodramatic here, just very realistic...I slipped and saw grades K through 5 scroll through my brain before I grabbed onto the towel rack).

I felt silly. And then felt really silly when I realized that the cockroach was actually the bandaid that I just placed on the side of the tub, yo.

1 comment:

artemis said...

I do that all the time. My goofiest one was when I wanted to say "Really!?" or "Wow!" and instead came out with "Rowr!" And then there was that time one of my bosses told me she'd show me how the JV promote models worked, and instead of saying That would be awesome, or That would be wonderful, I said "That would be awful!"

Good times. Almost as good as that time you screamed bloody murder - twice - when that family of cockroaches came up to say hi to you in Playa del Carmen.