Wednesday, June 6, 2007

advice from a wise woman...a little self helpy but i still like it

How do I be content with what I have and stop wishing for things I don't have?

"Contentment is relative. Practice gratitude. No kidding. Just make a mental list any time of every little bitty thing you have to be grateful for. It could be a nice man at the deli counter. It could be that the subway came quickly. It could be a little flower bed in bloom, a funny-faced dog, a laughing baby, that you have a job that challenges you and pays you well, that you have a man who loves you more than life itself and has dedicated himself to make you happy. Once you start looking, you can find a million things. Gratitude fills the void you feel. And supposedly, from a place of gratitude, you attract more of what you're grateful for.

Try it. Every single nite as I try to go to sleep, I make my list for the day and fall asleep without anxiety."






...ah f*ck it. who am i kidding...

1 comment:

Sylvana said...

Who is the wise woman? And what does she mean by "supposedly"? That isn't very convincing!